Garrett was first elected to the Massachusetts House of Representatives in November of 2000. He represents the 3rd Plymouth District which includes Hingham, Hull, Cohasset and North Scituate. Garrett lives in Hingham with his wife Heather and their three children.
As a former Assistant District Attorney in Plymouth County, he served as the lead narcotics prosecutor in the Brockton District Court, and was in charge of prosecuting all cases of domestic violence in Hingham District Court. He has a history of involvement in the community, having served as a volunteer member of Hingham's capital outlay committee and the Hingham community playground project. He has also been a youth football coach and volunteer for the Wellspring Multi-Service center in Hull, to name a few examples.
Representative Bradley currently serves as Second Assistant Majority Leader, a House leadership position, and is also a member of the powerful House Rules Committee. He previously served as First Division Floor Leader, and House Chairman of the Joint Committee on Election Laws, where he reviewed legislation that affects the ability of citizens to vote and influence state government. He previously served as Vice-Chairman of the Committee on The Judiciary.
- District Represented: Third Plymouth. - Consisting of the town of Cohasset, in the county of Norfolk; and the towns of Hingham and Hull, and precinct 3, of the town of Scituate, all in the county of Plymouth.
- Education: Boston College High School; Boston College; Boston College Law School.
- Profession: Legislator
- Organizations: Hingham Youth Football (Coach); Friends of the Paragon Carousel; Ambassador Wellspring Multi-Service Center; Volunteer Children's Champion Network; Volunteer Hingham Playground Committee; Volunteer Hingham Education Foundation.
- Public Office: Hingham Capital Outlay Committee; Hingham Democratic Town Committee; former Plymouth County District Attorney; Mass. House (2001-Present).
Experience & Education
- Currently serves as Second Assistant Majority Leader and member of the House Rules Committee
- Previously served on Criminal Justice, Public Service, Government Regulations and Election Laws Committees in the Legislature.
- Served as Chairman of Election Laws Committee and Vice-Chairman of Judiciary Committee.
- Selected to serve on a special Commission to study the impacts and effects of OxyContin and other prescription drugs on our youth
- Attorney, Thornton Law Firm LLP
- Assistant District Attorney, Plymouth County
- Boston College Law School, J.D.
- Boston College, B.A.
- Boston College High School
- Hingham Public Schools
- Wellspring Multiservice Center, Hull
- Lecturer, Hingham Citizens Police Academy
- Hingham Playground Committee
- Hingham Democratic Town Committee
- Children's Champion Network
- Capital Outlay Committee, Hingham
- Hingham Youth Football Coach
- Friends of the Paragon Carousel, Hull
- Hingham Education Foundation Volunteer
- Hingham Sons of Italy Lodge # 1850
- Honorary Committee Member, The Boston Harbor Walk to benefit The Floating Hospital for Children
- Sons of the American Legion, Cohasset